Want a healthy chocolate smoothie?
There’s a gorgeous little cafe not far from us that has the most amazing cacao and date smoothie on the menu. Mr nearly three and I can’t help ourselves. We can’t talk as we sip down our smoothies watching the waves crash on the shore. Hubby just laughs at us.
Afterwards, we play chasey on the sand… And giggle.
So what do you do?
We do what we do best. We come home and recreate our very own.
Trust me, you’ll love it! It’s a favourite in our house.
Sare’s Choco-Coco Smoothie
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- 2-3 medjool dates (de-pipped)
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 1 heaped tbsp protein powder
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt OR 1/3 cup 100% pure coconut cream and 1/2 tsp probiotic powder
- 1 tsp chia seed
- 1/2 tsp bee pollen
- 1/2 tsp gubinge powder (natural source of vitamin c)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 400ml almond milk
Blend and drink. Yum!