Those that know me also know that my life doesn’t exist without chocolate. Chocolate is my sin. Those that know me would be horrified to hear that I have been chocolate free for 3 weeks. Sugar free for three weeks. Well, not entirely. The chocolate free part is true. The sugar free is processed sugar free. I have swapped it for agave syrup, for xylitol and for maple syrup. These products have nowhere near the effect of spiking your GI levels that cane sugar has.
Considering I am not even craving chocolate I don’t know whether I am giving into my sin by making a chocolate torte tonight. This is no ordinary chocolate torte but, if there is such a thing, a HEALTHY chocolate torte!!
I found a fabulous recipe for a double chocolate torte online, that I have adapted for my own. Here goes!
1/4 cup cacoa powder
1/2 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup rice bran oil
1 tablespoon lavender syrup (you could also try orange zest or peppermint)
- Place ½ cup of the chocolate pieces in a food processor and pulse until the texture of gravel
- Pulse in almond and coconut flour, cacao powder and salt and process until well combined, about 10 seconds
- Add eggs to food processor and pulse again, then add in agave, oil and lavender syrup
- Pulse all ingredients together until smooth
- Remove “bowl” from food processor and stir in second ½ cup of chocolate chips using a spoon or spatula
- Transfer batter into a well oiled 10 inch springform pan
- Bake at 180° for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean